(1) ESDIP Berlin services include the use of office and working area, including the internet usage (W-Lan), as part of the services offered with Basic Membership: 1 day, Part-time 12 days and Full Time Membership.
(2) Depending on the selected contract, this is limited to a particular use and/or specific time.
The following rates are currently offered:
- 1 day Flex desk: One day use of a chosen desk including unlimited internet access (WLAN) during *opening times.
- 12 days Flex desk: 12 days use over a month at alternating desks including unlimited internet access during opening times (this 12 passes expire after one month and are not accumulative). You can keep track of your times passes left on your Cobot account (http://esdip-berlin.cobot.me/). Everytime you come to the space, press the button “Check in” on your Cobot. We go by the honor system, so please be responsable of your own passes. Includes 5 hours of meeting use over a month.
- Full-time Flex desk: Full month use of alternating desk including unlimited internet access during opening times and 10 hours of meeting use.
- Fixed desk: Full month use of a specific workplace including unlimited internet access during opening times, and 10 hours of meeting use.
- Fixed desk and full access: Full month use of a specific workplace including unlimited internet access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 10 hours of meeting use.
*Opening times: Mon-Fri, 10:00-19:00.
(3) The following extra kits are optional at the rates specified under (2) and must be booked: locker, coffee flat rate, parking space, extra hours meeting room.
(4) The workplaces are equipped with: table, chair, electricity and Wi-Fi.
(5) The workplace is used by the customer only for his/her freelancing work. For a different use the written consent of ESDIP Berlin is required.
(6) The Flex desks must be left completely clean by the customer after use every day.
CONDITIONS OF ACCESS AND CONDUCT
(1) Customers have access to ESDIP Berlin during the general opening times: Mon-Fr, 10:00-19:00.
(2) Customers who have contracted extra “24/7 access”, have a personal key to access ESDIP Berlin. The loss of this key must be reported immediately.
RATES AND PAYMENT METHODS, DEPOSIT
(1) All prices include the current valid taxes and apply only to the specified services.
(2) When the payment is monthly, it must always be paid within 14 days from the date of invoice. After the this, if the payment is not yet made, the customer is obliged to pay a fine in the amount of five Euros per reminder sent.
(3) For the extra “24/7 access” a deposit in the amount of 50 Euro is required. The deposit must be paid at the beginning of the contract. The current prices are available online at http://esdipberlin.com/coworking-berlin/
(4) Nonattendance does not exempt a coworker from paying their contractual dues.
(2) Customers agree with the fact that ESDIP Berlin keeps the personal data provided. All data will be handled by ESDIP Berlin and not disclosed to third parties.
(3) The customer has the right to withdraw consent at any time with immediate effect for the future. ESDIP Berlin will be committed in this case to the immediate withdrawal of the u customer’s personal data.
(1) ESDIP Berlin may terminate with immediate effect any contract if the customer does not meet his/her payment obligations for the second time or his/her contractual obligations in any way.
(2) Customers may terminate the contract anytime by giving ESDIP Berlin at least one month’s notice from the start date of the contract (e.g. – If your contract date started on 5th of the January, and you want to leave the space by May 5th, you would have to give your notice on or before April 5th).
EXECUTION OF THE CONTRACT
(1) Customers with FIXED rate can set up their own workplace, furniture and technical periphery after consultation with ESDIP Berlin.
(2) Customers are obliged to make their work space available in the evening hours for event purposes which could happen. Customers must be informed about the event at least 2 days in advance. The emptying of the workplace will be carried out together by the customer and ESDIP Berlin‘s team.
(3) Customers may not sublease their workspace to third parties. A ticket purchased is valid only for the purchaser and may not be used by other people.
(4) ESDIP Berlin may repair and or maintain the room for the preservation and expansion of the room or the workplace or to prevent risks or to eliminate damages. It requires no approval from the customer and no time limit. Customers are obliged to provide his workspace or make the space accessible for this purpose. Customers may not reduce the customer fee unless the use of his/her workspace is impeded for a significant time.
(5) ESDIP Berlin provides hardware and appliances such as printers, projectors, dishwashers, coffee machines, etc. These devices are tested regularly to maintain their functional capability. Any damage caused by improper use must be paid for by the customer.
(6) ESDIP Berlin reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time.
USE OF THE KITCHEN
(1) ESDIP Berlin provides cold drinks and coffee. Customers agree to pay 1,5 Euro for each beverage. There’s a jar for the money, and payment is on the honor system.
(2) The use of the fridge must be moderated respecting the space and the food of other customers.
(3) Customers must leave the kitchen clean after use.
USE OF THE MEETING ROOM
(1) Depending on the selected contract, the use of the meeting room is limited to a number of hours per month, as specified on section GENERAL (2)
(2) Extra hours are optional and must be booked.
(3) Customers must leave the meeting room clean after use.
(4) ESDIP reserves the right to impose limitations on the frequency of use of the meeting room. In general, the room may not be reserved for regular meetings (i.e. weekly, monthly, etc.).
(5) Admission fees may not be charged by customer using the meeting room.
(6) Meeting room is not available for commercial purposes, i.e. no items may be sold, workshops or events hold, except those sponsored by ESDIP Berlin.
USE OF THE INTERNET
(1) Customers agree to respect all applicable local, national and international laws and regulations. Customers are solely responsible for all of his or her actions and omissions in the context of Internet usage.
(1) Customers will inspect the workplace in detail before closing and leaving.
(2) Customers with 24/access accept that: they can use the space only for his/her work. Keys are not transferable. Customers may not let third parties access the space. Customers must leave the space clean when they leave. All windows and curtains must be closed, and the main door locked when leaving. If the key(s) get lost or broken, ESDIP Berlin is entitled to retain the deposit. Customers are responsible for any damage to the premises if these conditions are not met.
(3) ESDIP Berlin is not liable for the infringement by third parties upon intellectual property rights of customer’s work, or infringement occurring with the transmission of data and data-data carriers. Customers are responsible for ensuring that all competition, copyright, trademark, privacy or other legal violations are not the responsibility of ESDIP Berlin. If ESDIP Berlin receives notice of such violations, the contract with the customer will be terminated immediately. In the event of any violation, customers hold ESDIP Berlin harmless from any claims by third parties.
In the event that ESDIP Berlin is sued by any third party as a result of an infringement claim, the customer must reimburse the costs of statutory attorney fees.
(4) Customers are responsible for sufficiently safe closure of rented cabinets, lockers, etc. ESDIP Berlin is not liable for stolen items.
(5) Customers agree that ESDIP Berlin is in no way responsible for any personal injuries, property damage, lost & stolen items, or other liabilities that may be incurred during the use of the facility. Thus, customers agree to release, indemnify and hold ESDIP Berlin and its affiliated organizations harmless of any such claims, damages, losses, or expenses and releases them from any liability whatsoever related to the use of ESDIP Berlin.
(6) Customers expressly agree to waive any claims for direct and/or indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, including loss of revenue, profits, businesses or data, associated with the agreement, a nonperformance of services envisaged by the agreement by mistake or omission, for example a non-performance or unpunctual performance of delivery services (e.g. mail), or associated with a discontinuation of these services.
(7) Customers acknowledge the likelihood of extensive modernization and repair work yet to be undertaken in the building. Customers hereby agree to tolerate such construction work and agrees to make not claims for reduced usage fees or damages, assuming no willful or gross negligence on the part of ESDIP Berlin. Mitigation and compensation claims by the customer are limited to willful and gross negligence.
(8) Abandoned items can be stored on the premises at the expense of the customer. There is no obligation to retain belongings left behind.
(9) Customers agree to waive any claims for problems with network connectivity outside of ESDIP Berlin’s control.
CHANGES TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(1) ESDIP Berlin reserves the right to change usage fees, conditions of service, and these Terms and Conditions.
(2) ESDIP Berlin will give notice of changes to customers by email, 14 days prior to changes taking effect. E-mail addresses used for this purpose will be the e-mail address of the customer that was provided and verified during the registration process. Should the customer not object to the change in Terms within 14 days of receipt of notice, the amended Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to be accepted. E-mail notification satisfies the requirement for notice of changes to be made in writing, to which the customer hereby assents. The customer is herewith advised that objections to changes must be made in writing within two weeks after notification of the changes.
In this case, the contract shall be dissolved at the next termination date, while failure to state objections in writing shall be deemed acknowledgment and acceptance of the changes by the customer.
HOUSE RULES, HOURS OF OPERATION, ETC.
(1) ESDIP Berlin is entitled to change individual offerings/services, but not essential components, providing the changes are reasonable to ESDIP Berlin customers.
(2) ESDIP Berlin keeps customers informed about hours of operation and available services. The hours of operation can – if necessary and reasonable – be lengthened or shortened, as in the case of holidays, or during renovations or repairs. ESDIP Berlin will announce changes in hours of operation or closure of premises with reasonable advance notice.
(3) Customers are obliged to obey the instructions of ESDIP Berlin staff and to abide by house rules. Blatant and/or repeated violations authorize ESDIP Berlin to temporarily ban or to terminate a customer without notice. ESDIP Berlin reserves the right to make reasonable changes to house rules.
Thanks for reading!