The studio is available Monday to Friday, 10am - 6pm
For bookings and additional info, send an e-mail to:
RENT OUR SCREEN PRINTING STUDIO!
ESDIP has a screen printing studio, run by the collective Suspicious Package. If you have previous experience in screen printing*, you can rent the studio on a half-day or full-day basis to work on your own projects.
We have the following equipment:
- HDT4000 4-arm, 1-station carousel press with micro-registration knobs
- Medium/Large sized T-shirt pallet
- A2+ sized poster pallet
- A3+ sized poster pallet
- Print drying rack which can accommodate up to 100 A3 prints, or 50 A2 prints
- Several A2+ and A3+ aluminum frame screens in various mesh counts (43T, 61T, 80T, 100T)
- A3+ sized exposure light table
- Handmade washout sink w/ pressure washer
We also have a high-quality inkjet printer for full color digital and photo prints, as well as solid opaque black output for films. Contact us if you need films prepared for your screen printing projects, or to make quality color digital prints of your illustrations or photographs.
*- Those new to the studio must provide a portfolio of previous work to rent the studio. Participants who have taken the Screen Printing Workshop at ESDIP can rent the studio after completion.
OR HIRE OUR TEAM!
Hire Suspicious Package to do the work for you! Formed in 2015, Suspicious Package focuses on commission and custom screen printing work for textiles, posters, prints, and packaging. We love working with creative artists, bands, independent and small businesses.
LEARN HOW TO PRINT:
We offer workshops to teach the craft of screen printing. Gain insight into the science, best practices, and crucial small details that will help make huge differences in your finished printing work. Participants will use provided artwork, and learn how to properly coat and expose screens, then will register and print a two-color poster designed especially for the workshop. Participants may also sign up for an additional third workshop day where they may use and print their own conceived design. This also allows an opportunity for more instruction and a chance to learn some advanced techniques. (Please note that this is only in addition to the two-day workshop).
Over the course of this workshop students will:
- Learn about the history and development of the craft of screen printing.
- Properly design and set up images and output files for films.
- Discover the science behind photo-sensitive emulsion and learn how to properly coat and burn an image into a screen.
- Learn best practices and master fine details to get the most accurate and best quality prints without making a mess in your shop.