Oops! This workshop has already taken place!
Would you like to know about upcoming workshops? Let us know!
Teacher: Flavio G. García
October 17, 19, 20 and 21
This workshop is designed for students with some Premiere Pro experience, or ideally attendants of one of our previous Premiere Pro workshops.
In this Advanced Workshop we’ll go deeper into the application, explore the new features of the latest release, study advanced workflows in film production (like High Resolution media, RAW formats, proxies, etc.), color correction, integration with other programs, and other sophisticated techniques, tips, and tricks!
We’ll also discuss organisational and creative aspects of the editing process.
The students will also have the opportunity to ask questions, refresh their knowledge, and bring their own projects, to work on them and solve issues.
Students must bring their laptops (Mac or PC), with an installed English version of Premiere Pro CC.
A fully functional demo of the software may be downloaded from the Adobe website.
- Q&A: a time to solve doubts, issues, and curiosity.
- High-End workflows: working with high resolution media (RAW, 4K, LUT’s).
- Proxie generation, and when to use it.
- Premiere Pro – DaVinci Resolve workflow.
- Advanced organization techniques, in a film workflow.
- Working with multiple Premiere projects simultaneously.
- A little bit of editing theory.
- Advanced editing techniques.
- How to organize the edit process in a real world film project.
- Managing multiple sequences.
- Working with reels.
- Editing from sequence to sequence.
- Advanced trimming.
- Advanced audio editing and mixing.
- Clip and track mixing.
- Audio equalization.
- Audio effects: reverbs.
- Advanced color grading.
- Color theory.
- The Lumetri Panel color tool:
- Basic Correction, Creative, Curves, Color Wheels, Vignetting.
- Secondary Color Correction: performing corrections in just one area of color.
- Advanced masking and animation.
- Integration with After Effects.
- Advanced conforming and mastering.
- Sequence settings, rendering, and high quality options.
- Exporting with Adobe Media Encoder.
- Exporting to DaVinci Resolve.
- Exporting to ProTools, Logic.
- DCP creation.
- Media Management: how to move, copy and consolidate media for archiving or workflow purposes.
ABOUT THE TEACHER
Flavio G. García is a Berlin based awarded filmmaker, film teacher, and postproduction expert.
He’s a highly experienced editing instructor, and teaches to all kind of students, from film professionals to video enthusiasts, since 2009.
His workshops take place regularly in many film schools, production companies, institutions, and universities: filmArche, Instituto Cervantes, CICE, and many others.
He has also edited and postproduced several feature films.
His movies as director have been shown in more than 40 international film festivals, museums and galleries.
Full refund of payment for a class will be given for cancellations only if the spot can be filled by another student. Please be considerate. We reserve the right to cancel a class in unusual circumstances or if minimum attendance numbers are not met. In this situation, of course, a full refund will be given.